Design systems can be highly valuable to a project. They provide live and interactive examples of frequently used components, enable teams to rapidly build new pages and applications, and help maintain brand consistency. Catherine has spent over two years working on an enterprise design system, seeing it through five major versions since beta. In her work, she constantly asks herself the question, “How can I encourage people to keep using our design system?” At FullStack NYC, she will share ideas for engaging subscribers in the system as it grows. Catherine’s “Keeping Subscribers Engaged in Your Design System” session will cover the following subjects:
- Identifying and solving subscriber pressure points
- Finding funding for the design system team
- Including feedback in your process
- Treating your design system as a fully functional, marketed product
- Using iterations to minimize guesswork and make educated decisions
- Staying current and integrated to bring value to the entire team
Are you a member of a design system team? Do you want people to like what you build? Attend FullStack NYC from May 16–17, 2019, and join Catherine’s session on May 16.